Thinking of selling your own property? Think again: a Real Estate Professional can save you money
At first glance it seems like selling your home yourself is a simple matter. Why do those Real Estate Professionals have to charge those pesky commission rates? You could do the work yourself, couldn't you. Perhaps even better, you would even save money.
The reality is that selling a home is a complicated process that is anything but easy. It can be time consuming and costly if you settle for less than your home is worth. In fact, national statistics indicate that only five percent of all for sale by owners (which represent about seven percent of the total market) sell without the assistance of a Real Estate Professional! This means that only "1" out of 20 results in a completed sale. Furthermore, 93% of available homes are in the hands of Real Estate Professionals.
When you try to sell your home yourself, you are limiting potential buyers. A serious buyer wants to look at all available property. Sometimes, a seller will price his home incorrectly. If the price is too high, it could stay on the market longer than necessary. Over time, the house may become viewed as defective or a "problem." The price may have to be reduced. You could wind up getting far less than you planned. If the price is too low, you have just wasted all your time and energy, along with valuable dollars.
For many for sale by owners, it is a familiar lament after an open house: "I got lots of people but most were just looking." "They wanted it for a song." In fact, prospective buyers and bargain hunters may want a price reduction because there is no Real Estate Professional involved? Finding qualified buyers - someone who is ready, willing, able and excited about your home - is a challenge.
Most of the errors made when individuals try to sell their homes themselves center around the following areas:
- Incorrect understanding about market conditions and pricing.
- Relying on inappropriate advertising and marketing that does not generate buyers.
- Incorrect understanding of how both the home buying and home selling processes work.
- Ineffective ways to determine qualified buyers
Why not consider an experienced Real Estate Professional? This individual can save you time and money. That is because he or she has the following credentials:
- Understands local market conditions and has access to the most current information.
- Place and pay for effective advertising in the right places, for the best results.
- Price your home realistically, to obtain you the highest profit.
- Create demand for your home.
- Knows how to screen potential buyers and eliminate the bargain shoppers.
- Is experienced in negotiation.
- Is always on call and available at all times which will be accomandating for you and your family to show your home.
- Remains objective when presenting offers and counter-offers.
- Listens to your needs, respects your opinions and allows you to make decisions.
- Understands the real estate industry from both the buyer and the seller perspective.
- Protect your rights.
- Handle the numerous details involved in the sale of your home.
- Can recommend a real estate lawyer to take care of your interests.
- Is experienced with resolving problems to ensure a successful closing.
- Use his network of real estate resources to place your home before the most qualified buyers.
- Adhere to a professional code of conduct, established by local and national associations.
- Recommend improvements that can increase the profit that you will receive on your home.
- Submit offers, negotiate prices and handle all paperwork of the transactions at hand and coordinately, and ensuring all parties who need and receive these file documents in a organized through and timely fashion.